Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet Kate....Student of the Month for March




She Rides....She Hikes....She Shoots

First and foremost, thank you Vicki for choosing me! But I must say the real credit goes to you! I have only become the gun loving, toting woman I am today because of you! When I called to inquire about the Introduction to Handguns class, your enthusiasm and friendliness was so infectious that my nervousness and intimidation were completely eased and I couldn’t wait to take your class.

With the recent economic challenges our society is facing, there seems to be an increase in crime which has caused me to start thinking about my personal safety. I always feel safe when my German Shepherds are with me but you can’t take dogs everywhere and I’ve often wished I had a gun with me then. So when the uproar began about gun owners’ rights last year, I began to seriously start thinking about it.

As a lot of women, I grew up a girly girl, I even danced ballet for fifteen years. I was raised to be afraid of guns and had never even touched one until Vicki’s introduction class. Throughout my life, I’ve learned that most of my fears are based on a lack of knowledge. As they say, knowledge is key.

Much to my mother’s dismay, later in life I bought a motorcycle. It was something I had always been interested in but never knew where to begin. At that time, I found a class teaching how to ride and basic defensive riding techniques. I have since developed a huge passion for motorcycles, racing, and racetracks. This new hobby, which I previously thought wasn’t “allowed” for girls, gave me confidence that I didn’t know I had. I believe that confidence is what helped me to initially pick up the phone and call Vicki.

Now instead of being afraid to touch a gun, I love them and I look forward to go and practice shooting with my husband. It truly is empowering and confidence inspiring to have the knowledge of how guns work and how to use them safely. I am more confident knowing that I can protect myself and my family if the situation ever arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback. REMEMBER to keep it E rated for Everyone. Thanks!

-Vicki