Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For me, I get it.

I have decided to rant a bit about something that is really bothering me today. It was a simple phone call, then a few days later an email from someone else that started me thinking and asking yet again, why...or why not.

Due to the nature of my business, I am privileged to meet, instruct and listen to a lot of women. For those that have the love and support of their husbands and family I am always pleased. Then there are the others, the less fortunate ones, the women with no support.

To all you men and family members out there who are not actively encouraging and supporting the women in your life to take ownership of their personal safety I say "Shame on you". I promise you this, if crime ever looks you in the eye, kicks in your front door in the middle of the night, attempts to kid nap your child or god forbid rape your grandma, you will get it. It is then that you will say, I should have, I could have, now I will.

There are many things each and every one of us can do to minimize our chances of becoming a victim. We can do everything right and still become a victim, I am not trying to give anyone a false sense of security here. The best tool we have is our mind, so use it.

Please, be that support system for that family member even if you don't understand why. Teach and encourage your daughters to pay attention. I could go on and on but I will stop the rant here.

For me, I almost lost my daughter to a child abduction. For me, I almost lost my grown son to a random home invasion, armed robbery and attempted murder. For me, I get it.

Vicki~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback. REMEMBER to keep it E rated for Everyone. Thanks!

-Vicki