Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Meet Eileen...Student of the Month for May

I’m Eileen Petersen, proud graduate of the Women’s Shooting Academy.

I’m an administrative assistant at a local financial firm.  My husband of forty-two years is a Vietnam veteran who retired from the Army National Guard after thirty-three years of service.  I’m a proud mother of two and a grandmother of a delightful two year old boy.  My son is a Major in the US Army and has, during his 15 years of service, served two tours in Afghanistan.

A few years ago, I decided to purchase a gun.  The thought of having a weapon to take charge of my own protection, as well as target shooting, appealed to me.  After looking around and getting input from several gun owners, I decided on a 9 mm…a Smith and Wesson M&P.  The next step was learning to shoot.  I found Vicki’s classes for women on line and signed up for her next class.  It was the best thing I ever did for myself.  I went on to obtain my CCW through another of Vicki’s classes.  I actually turned out to be a pretty good shot…even better than my husband, with all his military background and pistol training.  I’ve come to love my 9mm, and have developed an appreciation for a wide range of hand guns and rifles.  Last year, I received a .380 Ruger LCP for my birthday.  It’s perfect for concealment and light enough to carry in my purse.

Before taking “Handguns 101”, I knew absolutely nothing about guns.  I was apprehensive and lacked self-confidence when it came to shooting, handling, and maintaining a gun.  Now, at age 63, I’m ready to defend myself.  I continue to take Vicki’s classes, read books, watch and practice with  training videos and stay on top of current trends in self-protection.  I go shooting often and enjoy target practice and honing my skills.  Any woman, no matter what her age, is capable of taking charge of her own self-protection…keeping herself and her property safe at home and anywhere she goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback. REMEMBER to keep it E rated for Everyone. Thanks!

-Vicki