Friday, June 11, 2010

Meet Sandy...Student of the Month for June

Fear. Violence. Crime. These were the words that came to my mind when I though of guns. I was not raised around guns, nor had I ever shot one before. I was very timid and nervous at the thought of shooting a gun, let alone owning one. This all changed two years ago when I witnessed the aftermath of a home invasion. The reality of the event hit close to home and I realized that bad things really do happen. It was at that moment that I decided I was never going to be a victim.

My name is Sandy Wright and I am 25 years old. I live in Sacramento, California. I took Vicki's Introduction to hand gun class and it changed my life. Learning how to properly handle a gun, and knowing that it wasn’t going to fire unless I pulled the trigger really boosted my confidence. When we got to the range and I took my first shot, I realized that it wasn’t as scary as I had imagined, it actually felt good.

Shortly after the intro class, I went out and purchased my first handgun. I am the proud owner of a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. After the intro to handgun class, I took Intro to Tactics and plan on eventually getting my CCW. I went from knowing nothing about handguns and being completely terrified to now one day hoping to carry.

I thank Vicki for encouraging me and helping me overcome my fears.
Now I cannot imagine my life without a gun. Instead on being afraid, I feel empowered knowing that I can protect myself if the situation arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and feedback. REMEMBER to keep it E rated for Everyone. Thanks!

-Vicki